Spaghetti that is low carb AND keto, at the same time? You got it! If you’re craving the perfect Italian food fix, this recipe is for you!
I’m Italian, so growing up we always had good old fashioned spaghetti and meatballs (or meat sauce). There was nothing better after coming in from a day of playing outside in the chilling winters of Upper Michigan than a plate of my Mom’s homemade spaghetti!
Let’s Talk About Sauce (Or Is It Gravy?)
A high quality red sauce is key to a successful Italian dinner. If you don’t have the time to make marinara from scratch, Rao’s Marinara is the perfect time saving alternative. While it is a little pricy, it’s worth every penny. Rao’s has zero added sugars and is the lowest net carb red sauce I’ve found in the last 15 years. Only 3 net carbs per half a cup! Amazing!
Like always, I default to good old shiritaki noodles for my pasta. Most brands are the same, so find which brand tastes best to you and keep it on hand at all times – it’s a life saver when you’re craving something pasta-like.
You can either boil shiritaki for a more tender texture, or panfry them to dehydrate them for a more dense texture. I dehydrated my pasta using the pan fry method for this recipe.
Time To Eat!
You’ve browned the meat, cooked the pasta and seasoned everything to perfection! Now it’s time to sit down and enjoy your low carb keto friendly spaghetti dinner!
Nutrition Per Serving
Fat: 21 g
Protein: 22 g
Net Carbs: 3g
Notes: the total serving size for this recipe is ¼ of the total volume made.
Never Miss A Recipe!
Join our email list to receive:
- The latest keto recipes
- Keto diet tips
- Keto product reviews
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packages shiritaki noodles
- 1 cup Rao's Marinara Sauce
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- to taste salt and papper
- Drain and rinse shirataki noodles; set aside
- Chop green pepper and portion sauce; set aside
- Brown ground beef in a non-stick pan; add Italian seasonings, salt and pepper; add green pepper after beef is mostly cooked
- Drain beef and remove from pan; set aside
- Add shirataki noodles to your non-stock pan and season with salt and pepper; cook at medium heat for 8-10 minutes to dehydrate the noodles
- Once noodles are dehydrated (they’ll start to stick to the pan) add in beef and pepper mixture, along with marinara sauce
This recipe pair perfectly with your favorite keto dessert!